Home designers and decorators have long known that there is a simple trick to adding ambiance, elegance, comfort, convenience, and just plain fun to any of their projects. That little secret is lighting control. Using lighting control in a home project will allow you to create a mood in your Colorado home much more easily. For many years, this has been the domain of very high-end projects because of the expense. If you wanted to have lighting control, you had to plan from the beginning of construction to implement lighting control. But with the advance of technology, nearly any home can have lighting control added to it simply, quickly, and effectively. To learn more, read on.
What Can Lighting Control Do for You?
With a lighting control system in your home, here are a few of the benefits you will receive:
- You can set lights that your kids always leave on to automatically turn off after a set period.
- You can set the landscape light to turn on and off at designated times.
- You can use motion sensors from your security system to turn on the lights in a room when you enter it.
- You can create light scenes, or groups of lighting settings, for entertaining, cooking, cleaning, creating a romantic mood, or security needs, and then execute lights at the same time every day, or from the push of a button.
- You can have lights turn on if it is night time when the garage door or front door opens.
- Best of all, when it is time for bed, one button press will turn off every light in the whole house, while ensuring that your security lighting on the exterior of the house is keeping the perimeter of your home well-lit and secure.
Installing these systems doesn’t even have to be expensive or time-consuming. Today, wireless lighting control options give us the ability to retrofit any home with outstanding lighting control. These new wireless systems give you a whole host of options.
One of the great benefits of lighting control is that you can keep the focus on your beautiful home and off the clutter on the walls. Now, instead of having to put tons of light switches on the walls of your home, you can have one keypad or touchscreen that can control dozens of lights at one time. Now, when company comes to your home, they will notice the beautiful decor and the ambiance of the room because you have removed the distractions of wall clutter, and you have created a warm glow for the space.
Use Your Voice
Another feature that has recently become available is the opportunity to use your voice to control the lights in your home. Using Amazon Alexa, you can tell individual lights or entire light scenes to turn on or off. This is extremely convenient when you come in from the garage with your hands full of groceries. Now, you can just tell your lights to turn on without having to do anything else.
Until you have experienced the advantages of lighting control, it may seem hard to grasp why it matters. But seeing is believing. Give us at Encore a call today to find out what you are missing.